Sunday, June 12, 2011

MOFO OF THE WEEK: JIM REAPER

Over the next several weeks, Mofo Squad War Stories will be doing a feature story on one of our Mofo Squad members to get to know a little bit more about them. This week, we get "IN YO FAAAAACE" with ace pin magnet, Jim Reaper.


MSWS: When did you first begin playing the Battlefield series and what was it that caught your interest?

JIM REAPER: I started playing Battlefield 1942 around 2003.  I saw a commercial for the game and noticed is had won a lot of awards.  I've always liked WWII era weapons.

  
MSWS: What's the story behind the name you chose to use in game?

JIM REAPER: Jim_Reaper is just a play on Grim Reaper.  I liked the idea of taking an intimidating name and making it funny.  The best part of my name is when Loken eventually realized that my real name isn't "Jim" after about 6 years of playing together...lol!  The only other name I've used for Battlefield was "gooklear_weapon" for Vietnam.

MSWS: Which of the current Mofo Squad members, did you first go into battle with?

JIM REAPER: I started playing against and then eventually with Stealth and Thrasher.  At the time I was almost exclusively a lone wolf type player.  While I was pretty proficient at hunting and killing other players, Stealth and Thrasher showed me the benefit of playing in a squad. It's funny looking back since I'm all about squad play now, but I was pretty oblivious to the whole concept until I started playing with Stealth and Thrasher. 

           
  
MSWS: What is your favorite kit to play and why?

JIM REAPER: In BFBC2 it's Medic, mostly due to the fact that overall it has the best guns and it helps that you can revive players at flags after the dust settles to get a quick numbers advantage.  Although you didn't ask, I'll go ahead and volunteer that my most hated kit is Recon, mostly due to those homosexual snipers (notice how I cleaned up my language?)   : )

IN YO FAAAAACE!

MSWS: Tell us about your all time favorite map in the Battlefield series and why you like it?

JIM REAPER: Daymn.... this is a tough one.  I will start out by saying that the maps in BF 1942 as a while were far superior to any of the other games.  They have gotten progressively worse with some doozies like Dragon Valley, Heavy Metal, Port Valdez, Clean Sweep and Taraba Quarry.  But my all time favorite is between Jalalabad and Karkand with the slight edge going to Jalalabad.  It just has a perfect mix of vehicles to urban fighting.  The flag locations and also set in a way that makes it hard for one team to hold all the flags.  You can jump into a Jalalabad game with your team having no flags and turn it around and win easily.  Other great maps, Warlord, Harvest (BF2), Mashtuur, Sharqi and all 1942 maps.

Map of Road to Jalalabad

MSWS: What weapon, old or new, do you wish you could add to the current BFBC2 game.

JIM REAPER: FAMAS.. enough said.

FAMAS

MSWS: What's your favorite pin you hope to see in the personal stats at the end of a game round?

JIM REAPER: I guess the Ace pin, with the Nemesis a close second.


MSWS: From what you have seen of the BF3 previews, what are you looking forward to the most with the new release later this year?

JIM REAPER: A game that's optimized for the PC.  Even better graphics.  A game that's closer to BF2 than BFBC.

MSWS: What helpful tip would you give someone to help them improve their game play.

JIM REAPER: Stick with the squad, select a helpful kit and play your kit the way it's supposed to be played.  BFBC2 is a blood bath, just accept it.  Don't focus on kill/death and worry more about taking flags, helping your squad and winning.  The kills will come.

MSWS: Do you have a favorite moment or funny experience in Battlefield you would like to share?

JIM REAPER: Some of my favorites:

- Stealth getting warned for solicitation..lol!

- While in a full jeep in BF2, Loken bitches, then asks who's driving and it turn out to be him.

- Loken not being able to see the enormous "YOUR NEMISIS" header for several months.

- Madd sacrificing himself by driving a jeep loaded with explosives into a tank we spotted (this happened many times)

- There was this one time that DonMario accused someone of hacking... I'll never forget it.
MSWS

No comments:

Post a Comment